The first School Council was set up in Star International School, Mirdif in October 2011. In total there are 10 school council representatives, one from each class from Year 1 to Year 6. Their pictures, names and the class they represent are detailed below:
Chloe Y2 Blue
Uthmaan Y2 Red
Burhanuddin Y1 Yellow
Lennert Y1 Green
Emaan Y1 Blue
Stella Y1 Red
The aims of the school council are:
- To develop pupils effective speaking and listening skills.
- To develop the pupil's recognition of themselves as worthwhile individuals with a right to be heard.
- To allow the children to have a "voice" and to share their opinions and ideas with others.
- To allow children to become more responsible and actively involved in the decision-making process of the school.
- To give pupils the opportunity to be involved in improving school life for everyone.
- To develop pupils' self esteem and personal responsibility.